NO USE OF THE HMBOOKSTORE SITE BY PERSONS UNDER 18 PERMITTED.
THE HMBOOKSTORE SITE IS NOT INTENDED FOR ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 18. IF YOU ARE BETWEEN THE AGES OF 13 TO 17 YEARS, YOU MUST ACCESS AND/OR USE THE HMBOOKSTORE SITE ONLY WITH THE PERMISSION AND INVOLVEMENT OF YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN.
INFORMATION COLLECTION PRACTICES.
Depending on how you use the HMBookstore Site, we may ask you to share personal information with us. Whether you choose to give us information is completely up to you; however, if you choose to withhold information, you may not be able to fully utilize the HMBookstore Site.
What Information Does HMBookstore Collect? We will receive, collect, store, and process information, including personal information and non-identifying information, when you interact with us and access the HMBookstore Site, including our online store, or participate in a voluntary survey offered by us or an affiliate of HMBookstore. Non-identifying information means information that alone cannot identify you, including data from cookies (discussed in greater detail below). Personal information means information about you that specifically identifies you, or, when combined with other information we have, can be used to identify you. You choose to give us certain information when using the HMBookstore Site. This generally includes, but is not limited to the following types of information:
- Contact Information: your name, user name(s), password(s), postal address(es), business information, email address(es), telephone number(s), or other addresses at which you are able to receive communications, including your street address or post office box, city, state, and zip code.
- Locational and Demographic Information: locational and geo-locational information, such as communities or neighborhoods; and demographic information, such as birth date, age, and gender.
- Transaction Information and General Feedback: information you provide when you interact with us and the HMBookstore Site and/or our digital learning resources, such as email, online form, and other communications, as well as content you post on the HMBookstore Site, including on message boards or social media, or information, reviews, opinions, or testimonials you submit about us.
When Does HMBookstore Collect This Information? We may collect information when you interact with HMBookstore, our site, and our digital learning resources for example when you:
- Access or use the HMBookstore Site, including our digital learning resources and online store.
- Access our services, on or through the HMBookstore Site, including our digital learning resources and online store.
- Register or create or edit your account via the HMBookstore Site.
- Sign up to receive our email newsletter and receive news, information, and exclusive offers, etc.
- Contact us and submit inquiries regarding general information and marketing.
- Post comments, or submit or upload photos or videos, reviews, testimonials, or other information and content to the HMBookstore Site, including to our social media.
- Send emails to us, including attached files.
- Open or respond to our emails.
- Contact customer support.
How Do We Use Your Information? In general, information you submit or share with us is used by HMBookstore for various purposes, including but not limited to the following:
- To enable your access to and use of our services and the HMBookstore Site features, including our digital learning resources and online store as well as to allow you to participate in interactive features offered by the HMBookstore Site when you choose to do so.
- To create and manage your account.
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content, advertising, and offerings in which you are most interested.
- To provide, maintain, protect, develop, and improve the HMBookstore Site.
- To provide you with information in response to your inquiries, and to provide you with customer support.
- To send periodic emails regarding your account.
- To email you information about the HMBookstore Site.
- To assist us in taking data security precautions and to engage in fraud prevention, detection, and remediation.
- To detect, prevent, and address technical issues.
- To comply with applicable international, federal, state, provincial and local laws, directives, rules, regulations, and ordinances; civil, criminal or regulatory investigations; or other legal requirements, such as court orders.
Information Collected Via Technology - Do We Use "Cookies"? As you use the HMBookstore Site, including our digital learning resources and online store, certain information may be passively collected and stored on our service providers' server logs, including your device information, which may include, but not limited to, Internet Protocol address, browser type, device settings, operating system, and usage information (i.e., the HMBookstore Site you use, the time and duration of your use of the HMBookstore Site, and other information about your interaction with content offered through the HMBookstore Site) (collectively, "Log Data"). We use Log Data to administer the HMBookstore Site and we analyze, and may engage third parties to analyze, the Log Data to improve, customize, and enhance the HMBookstore Site by expanding features and functionality and tailoring them to our users' needs and preferences, including those needs in connection with our digital learning resources and online store.
Please note, by disabling or blocking cookies, you may reduce the functionality of the HMBookstore Site and our digital learning resources.
Mobile and Location Information. The HMBookstore Site features may be accessible from web-enabled mobile devices. The intent is to provide screens that are optimized for the size of the screen and operating systems. On some devices, functionality may be limited. If you use mobile-enabled services provided by the HMBookstore Site, including our digital learning resources, we may receive information about you from your mobile device. This may also include information about your precise location, if you have enabled location-based services on your mobile device, access to your camera, microphone, or other device services or hardware.
Other Information We Collect. We also may collect other information about you, your device, or your use of the HMBookstore Site in ways that we describe to you at the point of collection or otherwise with your consent.
Modifying, Deleting Your Collected Information. You can access and modify the information you provide to us via your account on the HMBookstore Site or by contacting us in accordance with the "Contact Us" section below. If you want us to delete your information, please contact us in writing with your request, at or via mail in accordance with the "Contact Us" section below. We will take steps to delete your information as soon as is practicable, but some information may remain in archived/backup copies for our records or as otherwise required by law. You can adjust your communication preferences at any time, including opting out of promotional mailings, from your account.
How Long We Keep Your Collected Information. We will retain your information for as long as you use the HMBookstore Site, including our digital learning resources, and for a limited period after you cease using the HMBookstore Site for certain administrative purposes.
Third Party Access to Your Information.
THIRD PARTY USE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION.
However, we may provide your personal information to third party service providers or affiliates to perform business functions on our behalf or in conjunction with us. Our service partners may use your personal information to operate the HMBookstore Site and to deliver their services. We limit information provided to the aforementioned affiliate and third-party service providers to the extent necessary for them to provide the services and require such service providers to promise not to use such information except as necessary to provide the relevant services to us. The use of your personal information by our service partners is governed by the privacy policies of those service partners and is not subject to our control.
We may also disclose your personal information as follows:
- As required by law;
- With the consent of the individual (or their parent, if the individual is a minor);
- In response to a subpoena, court order or legal process, to the extent permitted or required by law;
- To protect the security and safety of individuals, data, assets and systems, consistent with applicable law;
- To investigate or address actual or suspected fraud or other illegal activities;
- To affiliated companies and other companies and organizations who perform work for HMBookstore;
- To a school, organization, company or government agency, where HMBookstore collects or processes the personal information on behalf of such organization, company or government agency.
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Even though we have taken significant steps to protect your personal information, no company, including us, can fully eliminate security risks associated with personal information. The HMBookstore Site has security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that we obtain from you. Please keep in mind, however, that whenever you give out personal information online there is a risk that third parties may intercept and use that information. While we strive to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online. Therefore, you expressly acknowledge and agree that we do not guarantee the security of any data provided to or received by us through the HMBookstore Site or our digital learning resources, and that any personal information, general information, or other data or information received from you through the HMBookstore Site or our digital learning resources are provided to us at your own risk, which you expressly assume.
If you are a California resident, you may be able to exercise additional rights granted by California law in relation to the personal information about you that we have collected (subject to certain limitations). For additional information concerning these rights, please review our California CCPA Privacy Notice.
SPECIAL INFORMATION FOR NEVADA RESIDENTS.
Nevada law (SB 220) requires website operators to provide a way for Nevada residents to opt out of the sale of certain personal information that the website operator may collect about them. We do not sell your personal information to third parties as defined in Nevada law, and will not do so in the future without providing you with notice and an opportunity to opt out of such sale as required by law. If you have any questions regarding our data privacy practices or our compliance with Nevada data privacy law, please email us at .
SPECIAL INFORMATION FOR MAINE RESIDENTS.
Maine law (LD-946), also known as "An Act to Protect the Privacy of Online Customer Information", requires particular website operators to provide a way for Maine residents to opt out from the sale of certain personal information that the website operator may collect about them. We do not sell your personal information to third parties as defined by Maine law, and will not do so in the future without providing you with notice and an opportunity to opt out of such sale as required by law. If you have any questions regarding our data privacy practices or our compliance with Main data privacy law, please email us at .
Notice to Residents of Countries outside the United States of America.
Class Action Waiver.
ANY DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCEEDINGS, WHETHER IN ARBITRATION OR COURT, WILL BE CONDUCTED ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT IN A CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR AS A NAMED OR UNNAMED MEMBER IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE, OR PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL LEGAL ACTION. YOUR ACCESS AND CONTINUED USE OF THE HMBOOKSTORE SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR EXPLICIT CONSENT TO THIS WAIVER.
Hospitality Online, LLC
8747 E. Via de Commercio
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
(833) 944-2665 (Toll Free)
(833) 944-BOOK (Toll Free)
When contacting us, please clearly state your request, including your name, mailing address, email address, and phone number.